Is it just me or has the progress made in making Linux easier for the non-techies/Linux users actually made it harder to make Linux do what it was best at, molding into the great tool that fits you better than the other OSes out there? I rant on my issues getting Ubuntu to do what I want on my new Laptop and ponder if Ubuntu's outgrown me or I've outgrown it.
- Feedback: Thanks
- Rick's Rants: First episode feedback, potential guest ranters?
- Events - quick re-reminder
- Main Topic - E-book readers and rise of the machines
This is our first episode of Rick's Rants. Basically I have a reputation as willing to take on things that annoy me to no end. I tried to start these off in a short, < 10min, test episode with something that's not pure rant. So consider this another beta release. Provide feedback at email@example.com or in the comments below. Make sure to let me know if you've heard me rant at MUG or CoffeeHouseCoders and think it'd make a good one for the shotcast.
In the future I might try to bring in some guests to cover the other point or to help me cover the rant material. Let me know if you might be interested in doing a test co-host rant.
And with that I give you
- Thanks for the feedback
- Shout Out - Leo Loving the ZSH, awesome
- App stores on desktop OS's
- Canonical Joins the Open Invention Network
- Feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org