- Events - 1DevDayDetroit Nov 4/5th
- OhioLinuxfest Recap:
Thanks for stopping by the booth everyone!
- Sourceforge Interview
- Elizabeth Naramore, Community Developer Manager
- Links of the week
- Rick's Mini Rant: Your anti pattern is called a tool
- Горсти талого снега by Калевала from Кукушкины дети
- Human Core by HiHate from Against All
- Natural 20s by Dual Core from Next Level
- Eighties Dance Music by The West Exit from Unearthed
- Imported by Irate Architect from Visitors
- The Four Seasons: Concerto in E Major, Op. 8/1, RV 269 - 'Spring': III. Allegro by Lara St. John from Vivaldi - The Four Seasons
- Never Happy by Drop Alive from Drop Alive
- Ohio Linuxfest - we'll be there, see us at the Michigan Loco booth
- Interview with Mike Pirnat
- Links/Tools of the week(s)
- Webdev and caching discussion
- Just had to let you know by Lorenzo's Music from Just had to let you know
- Give me Hell by Drop Alive from Drop Alive
- Paid in Full (Instrumental) by Breaker from The More I Want, The More I Get (instrumental)
- Abbey Rhodes by Drop Trio from Big Dipper
- Liquid Jazz by General Fuzz from Messy's Place
- Таусень-Рада by Калевала from Ведьма
Lococast takes to the road!
Ohio Linuxfest here we come!
We're all signed up and ready to go. Lococast will be doing on location recording at Ohio Linuxfest again this year. Only this time, we're officially a sponsor and getting a nice shiny table in the main area to setup at. So we'll be working on getting some great clips of some of the great speakers and attendees of the conference.
The official conference is September 9-11. Friday has an array of events you can get involved with. The main thrust of the conference is on Saturday followed by a diversity workshop and LPI exames on Sunday. We'll be down there from some time Friday through Saturday and heading back Sunday.
Why should I go?
Did I mention this little open source conference holds over one thousand people?! Yep, it's a gathering alright. Did I mention there are four tracks and an Open Source Solutions stage? We like to call that, the content. Did I also mention that we're going to be there? You should just go.
But it's too late to go...
Nonsense, I actually just got my hotel room this very day. There's still time to get a reservation, and get your butt to Columbus.
Rick, it's got to be expensive to go then, surely!
Hogwash, if you register now, there's no cost to attend. However, if you're super awesome (and all Lococast listeners are of course) there's a supporter package for $65. You get fed and a t-shirt as part of that bundle. How could you go wrong?
I'm still not convinced Rick...
Then go check out the show we did last year. Oh that's right, we sat down with the president of System 76. How awesome is that!